Job Title: Skilled Fabricator (On-Part Welder)
Salary: £40,003 + shift allowance
What you’ll be doing:
As a Skilled Fabricator (On-Part Welder) at BAE Systems, you will play a vital role in manufacturing aircraft parts for all of the Air platforms contained within the Air portfolio. You will be responsible for welding complex components from sheet metal or tube using specialist techniques, ensuring safe systems of work, reading and interpreting engineering drawings, and carrying out detailed inspections.
Your day-to-day tasks may include:
- Welding aircraft pipes ranging from 0.3mm to 5mm wall thickness in Aluminium, CRS and Titanium
- Using TIG welding techniques on a bench using backing gas and purging equipment
- Setting up and operating welding equipment
- Inspecting welds to ensure they meet quality standards
- Repairing and replacing defective welds
- Working with other fabricators to assemble and produce aircraft parts
Your skills and experiences:
To be successful in this role, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Advanced Engineering Craft Apprenticeship with associated NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) C&G in the relevant field
- Proficiency in TIG welding techniques
- Ability to weld thin gauge material
- Previous experience in the use of manipulators/mechanical aids during welding pipes would be beneficial
- Ideally, you would be a coded welder with the relevant approvals
- Experience in Silver soldering and Aluminium brazing would be beneficial
- Understanding of tool control, tool calibration and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) procedures
BAE Systems offers a comprehensive range of benefits to its employees, including:
- Competitive pension scheme
- Enhanced annual leave allowance
- The company contributed Share Incentive Plan
- Flexible working
- Employee assistance programme
- Employee discounts
- Annual incentive (subject to eligibility)
About the Manufacturing Service Delivery Unit (MSDU):
The MSDU is part of the core manufacturing facilities at BAE Systems, manufacturing aircraft parts for all of the Air platforms contained within the Air portfolio. The Pipes Cell, where this role is based, is a small team of Skilled Fabricators who work on a variety of shift patterns to meet their production requirements.
Why BAE Systems?
BAE Systems is a world-leading aerospace, defence and security company. We are at the forefront of innovation, developing and delivering cutting-edge technology and services to our customers around the world. We are committed to providing our employees with a supportive and inclusive workplace where they can thrive and reach their full potential.
Security and export control restrictions:
Many roles working for BAE Systems are subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 2nd October 2023
To apply: Click on APPLY for Job button